As a student at Virtual University (VU), you may be familiar with the VU Quiz Firewall, a Chrome extension that is mandatory for ensuring the transparency of quizzes. In this blog post, we will guide you on how to get, enable, and pin the VU Quiz Firewall extension in your Chrome browser.
Getting the VU Quiz Firewall Extension
The VU Quiz Firewall extension is available for download from the Chrome Web Store. To get the extension, follow these steps:
- Open your Chrome browser and go to the Chrome Web Store.
- In the search bar, type “VU Quiz Firewall” and press Enter.
- From the search results, click on the VU Quiz Firewall extension.
- Click on the “Add to Chrome” button.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking for confirmation. Click on “Add extension” to proceed.
Enabling the VU Quiz Firewall Extension
Once you have added the VU Quiz Firewall extension to your Chrome browser, you need to enable it to ensure its functionality during quizzes. Here’s how:
- Click on the puzzle piece icon located in the top-right corner of your Chrome browser (next to the address bar).
- From the drop-down menu, find the VU Quiz Firewall extension and click on the pin icon next to it. This will pin the extension to your browser toolbar for easy access.
- Now, the VU Quiz Firewall extension is enabled and ready to be used during quizzes.
Using the VU Quiz Firewall Extension
During a quiz, the VU Quiz Firewall extension plays a crucial role in ensuring transparency and preventing any unfair means. Here are some key features and functions of the extension:
- Screen Sharing: The extension captures your screen during the quiz, allowing the invigilator to monitor your activities.
- Webcam Monitoring: The extension accesses your webcam to record your presence during the quiz, further enhancing transparency.
- Browser Lockdown: The extension restricts access to any unauthorized websites or applications while the quiz is in progress.
- Time Tracking: The extension records the time taken to complete the quiz, ensuring adherence to the given time limit.
It is important to note that the VU Quiz Firewall extension is designed to ensure fairness and integrity in the quiz-taking process. Therefore, it is essential to use the extension as intended and avoid any attempts to bypass its features.
General Guidelines to Attempt VU Quizzes:
Please read the following instructions carefully! You can get complete guidance on VU Quiz at How to attempt VU Quizzes.
- Quiz will be based upon Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- You have to attempt the quiz online. You can start attempting the quiz any time within given date(s) of a particular subject by clicking the link for Quiz in VULMS.
- Each question has a fixed time of 90 seconds. So you have to save your answer before 90 seconds. But due to unstable internet speeds, it is recommended that you should save your answer within 60 seconds. While attempting a question, keep an eye on the remaining time.
- Attempting quiz is unidirectional. Once you move forward to the next question, you can not go back to the previous one. Therefore before moving to the next question, make sure that you have selected the best option.
- DO NOT press Back Button / Backspace Button while attempting a question, otherwise you will lose that question.
- DO NOT refresh the page unnecessarily, specially when following messages appear
Question Timeout: Now loading next question…
- If for any reason, you lose access to internet (like power failure or disconnection of internet), you will be able to attempt the quiz again from the question next to the last shown question. But remember that you have to complete the quiz before expiry of the deadline.
- If any student failed to attempt the quiz in given time then no re-take or offline quiz will be held.
The VU Quiz Firewall extension is a mandatory tool for Virtual University students to ensure transparency and fairness during quizzes. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily get, enable, and pin the extension in your Chrome browser. Remember to use the extension responsibly and adhere to the guidelines provided by your university.